Sunday, July 20, 2014

Welcome to Real Health, Wealth, & Happiness! About seven months ago during the holidays I had a reflective moment when I realized that my family was consuming TOO much of everything, and having MORE wasn't making me feel any better, in fact it was making me feel much worse. My daughters got more presents for Christmas than their rooms could hold, and we ate more food than our stomachs could handle. When the holidays were over I was still twenty pounds overweight (after already losing forty pounds after the birth of my second daughter), and my husband was holding on to the same twenty "sympathy" pounds. I made a decision to get REAL: real healthy, real wealthy, and real happy.

In January 2014 I had lunch with two of my good friends, and when I told them how I was feeling, they both had similar feelings. After that lunch I went home and explained to my husband that I wanted to make some major changes, and we slowly started to transform our eating habits and spending habits (we are still working on both). After six months we have both lost the twenty pounds we were holding on to, and feel so much better. My oldest daughter is making better food choices and can taste the difference between REAL and processed food. Overall this has made our family healthier and happier.

The issues that I will address in Real Health, Wealth, & Happiness impact me as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, and former business professional. This summer my family and I have enjoyed our time off and as a result I have been able to visit several places, catch up with good friends, and observe people struggling with obesity, health problems, and financial challenges. When I start to share my story with people about getting real, they want to know more, so I decided to share my struggles and accomplishments with you. Together we can find REAL health, wealth, and happiness!



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to watching this blog grow within Indianapolis and beyond!

    ReplyDelete